Friends of Sick Children in Malawi - News
Please download our latest news direct from Malawi.
- Meet meet new members of the team
- Find out how experts are helping the government with humanitarian assistance during disasters
- News on the expansion to the neonatal building
- How donations are being spent on medical equipment
- FOSC Nurses in the UK and in Malawi
- Wheelchairs for children
Refurbishment of our paediatric nursery ward is complete.
This is our ward for babies under 6 months admitted with any one of a variety of serious illnesses e.g. pneumonia. This very busy ward was very cramped which resulted in high rates of cross infection. The refurbished ward is now bigger, brighter and airier!
Dr Laura Newberry (who can just be seen in the background—right) is ‘queen’ of this area.
Thanks to the generosity of the following donors, 7 new vital signs monitors with accessories and stands have been purchased and have just arrived at the hospital.