Friends of Sick Children in Malawi - News
Please download our latest news direct from Malawi.
- Meet meet new members of the team
- Find out how experts are helping the government with humanitarian assistance during disasters
- News on the expansion to the neonatal building
- How donations are being spent on medical equipment
- FOSC Nurses in the UK and in Malawi
- Wheelchairs for children
Kangaroo Care and the new Neonatal unit
I am pleased to report that both the Kangaroo Care and Neonatal Intensive Care extensions are going well. We are currently out of the Kangaroo Care area while it is being refurbished but will back again very soon. There is not much that makes for good photos right now, unless you are into building sites ....... but here are a few anyway......from the outside and then underneath from the inside.
Kangaroo Care Ward
Refurbishment of our paediatric nursery ward is complete.
This is our ward for babies under 6 months admitted with any one of a variety of serious illnesses e.g. pneumonia. This very busy ward was very cramped which resulted in high rates of cross infection. The refurbished ward is now bigger, brighter and airier!
Dr Laura Newberry (who can just be seen in the background—right) is ‘queen’ of this area.